Prof. Marco Marcelli
Scientific director of LOSEM
- associate professor at the Department of Biological and Ecological Sciences (DEB);
- professor at Tuscia University, of the courses of: biological oceanography, applied oceanography, applied ecology with laboratory;
- university tutor with part-time contract at the Naval Academy, of the courses of: marine ecology and protection of marine natural resources, management and protection of marine resources and fisheries resources (courses for cadets), environment, ecology and biology (for TT. VV.CP);
- member of the Scientific Council of the National Group of Operational Oceanography (GNOO);
- vice president of FEE Italy;
- coordinates research activities of the laboratory and the national and international projects funded at the Laboratory of Experimental Oceanology and Marine Ecology. The research is centered on the study of coastal and pelagic marine ecosystems and mainly concerns:
- study of the interrelationships between physical and dynamics phenomena and the ecological processes of marine environments;
- experimental and numerical study of primary production of pelagic ecosystems and its interactions with dynamic phenomena;
- development and finalization of models of primary production based on reports from photosynthetic-light-biomass efficiency;
- design, development and finalization of methods, platforms and instruments for measuring descriptive ecosystems variables, including instruments for optical measurement of photosynthetic pigments;
- study of coastal dynamics through the application of mathematical and hydrodynamic models by the geomorphological and sedimentological characterization of coastal environments.
Ing. Maximo Peviani
- researcher at RSE SpA
- Research on the Energy System in the areas of renewable energy, hydropower and environmental engineering;
- university tutor with part-time contract at Tuscia University of the course of coastal oceanography;
- university tutor with part-time contract at UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education of the courses of "Mountain Rivers Training" and "Small Hydropower Development from planning to design";
- consultant for the fields of hydraulic engineering and numerical modeling.
Dr. Francesco Manfredi Frattarelli
- university tutor with part-time contract at Tuscia University of the course of Marine geology and sedimentology;
- deals with processing of spatial and environmental data using statistical and cartographic (GIS) methods.
The scientific director of LOSEM is Prof. Marco Marcelli; he coordinates 27 people, including employee, PhD students and recipients of scholarship and avail himelf of the collaboration of professors and specialists in the field of research promoted.
The workshop consists of five research groups:
- Oceanographic Instrumentation and Technological Development
- Numerical models
- Analytical Laboratory
- Sedimentology and Geochemistry
- Coastal Management